We’ve decided to introduce a new weekly meme here at Brewing Up Books…Sunday Stumper! Each Sunday, we’ll be posting a literary based challenge, puzzle, game, etc. that can be downloaded on a computer, tablet, or smartphone (or even printed out). The following week, we will post the correct solution to the puzzle, along with a new one. You can complete the puzzle at your leisure throughout the week, and, if you manage to finish it, you can email it to us (email@example.com) for a chance to be featured! The first person to correctly complete the puzzle and email it to us will have their blog or Goodreads account featured on our sidebar and will also be mentioned in our Sunday Stumper post the following week.
The puzzles will vary from week to week, potentially consisting of crossword puzzles, matching, fill-in-the-blank (with or without a wordbox), word searches, etc. We have determined weekly topics for our Sunday Stumper, which can be viewed here. If you’re interested in posting a Sunday Stumper on your blog, you’re more than welcome to! Please just remember to link back to Brewing Up Books!
If you have any ideas/suggestions/improvements, please leave them in a comment below. We’d love to hear what you think!
For our fourth Sunday Stumper, we’ve decided to follow the theme of highly dreaded trilogies. Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor!
1. a spin on L. Frank Baum’s classic
4. the initially popular main character quickly loses her popular status when she develops frightening scars on her arms
5. a series of runners run through a maze on a daily basis
11. companion novels, one of which takes place in France
14. features hobbits from the Shire
15. love is considered a disease
16. the main characters both received a perfect score in the mandatory, nationwide standardized test
17. there are a set of twins, one of which is narcoleptic and the other who serves as the antagonist
18. a salt mine worker is offered her freedom if she acts in a competition to find a royal assassin
1. characters are divided into five factions
2. a televised competition to determine the prince’s wife
3. an arena of children fight to the death until one lone victor remains
6. the main character suffers an accident, landing her in the hospital, unable to completely remember the incident
7. children are classified by their powers according to color
8. characters have the ability to read themselves into books
9. the main character’s father kills the dead
10. the orphaned main character is trained as a Grisha
12. set in Victorian Era London and serves as a precursor to another 6 book series
13. a spin on Lewis Carroll’s classic
Answers to Last Week’s Puzzle (click here to see the puzzle):
Unfortunately, we don’t have any winners from last week, but maybe you can be the first Sunday Stumper winner!