We were nominated a few days ago for the “Liebster Award” (or, as our autocorrect is convinced, the “Lobster Award”)! We were nominated by the one and only Books Over People, which is a fantastic blog that you should definitely follow!
- Add the Liebster Award logo into your blog post (and blog if you wish), which announces your nomination.
- Answer the questions given and then come up with 10 new ones to ask your nominations.
- Nominate (at least) 8 other blogs, let them know that they have been nominated, and link to them in your own announcement.
- In your blog post, tag/link the person who nominated you.
- Try to tag people who have not yet been tagged
1. Favorite childhood book?
O: Norma Jean the Jumping Bean
2. What are you reading right now?
S: Champion by Marie Lu
3. What books do you have on request at the library?
S: Death and Life or Charlie St. Cloud
4. Bad book habit?
O: I’m OCD about my books. The slightest bent page or cracked spine irks me to no end!
S: I like to read 1/2 through a book and then start another one, and then forget to finish the first book
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
S: Winston Churchill: The flaw human being of WWII (research paper)
6. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
O: I’m not a huge fan of reading out of my comfort zone, but it’s something that I’m aiming to do more of moving forward. I’m one of those people that will order the same exact meal at a restaurant because I know that I’ll like it, rather than experimenting and trying something new.
S: pretty often..audio books are key
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
O: I try to limit myself to one book at a time, but sometimes things can get a bit out of hand, especially when I’m participating in a few different bookclubs simultaneously.
S: in a perfect world I would like to read one book at a time
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
O: Yes, I know take notes while I’m reading and flag quotes with sticky note tags so that I can easily reference them when I go to write a review.
S: YES! I commint more to how I’m reading and what I’m reading
9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)
O: Marked (the House of Night Series) by P.C. Cast
S: The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer (oh Brit Lit class)
10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
O: The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
S: The Young Elites by Marie Lu
1. What series did you stop reading partway through?
2. What is your favorite book cover that you’ve seen to date?
3. What do you typically include in a book review?
4. What are some of your strange (and not-so-strange) reading habits?
5. Have you had the chance to meet any authors? If so, who?
6. Hardbacks or paperbacks?
7. How often do you borrow books from the library?
8. What is your favorite and least favorite book-to-movie adaptation?
9. Do you ever feel self-conscious about the cover of a book that you’re reading out in public?
10. When do you typically read during the day (ie. at night, 6 o’clock in the morning, etc.)
1. Cristina @ Girl in the Pages
2. Maryam @ Bookishhh
3. Ruby @ Ruby’s Books
4. Victoria @ Addlepates and Book Nerds
5. Stacey @ Sassy Book Lovers
6. Kathy @ The Novelty of Life
7. Brenna and Stephanie @ No BS Book Reviews
8. Melanie, Celine, and Larissa @ YA Midnight Reads