Due to the recent increase in schoolwork in anticipation of my steadily approaching spring break, I haven’t had much time to write blog posts, and I’ve fallen a bit behind. But, I’ve had a stroke of luck and appear to have reached a lull in my work. Therefore, be prepared for an onslaught of posts in the next several days (you have been warned!).
For Day One of the Read-A-Thon, participants were asked to post a series of pictures and answer a few questions that were created by the hosts, Olivia at Olivia’s Catastrophe and Inge and Karolina at Bookshelf Reflections. So, without further ado:
1. Onyx (Lux Series) by Jennifer L. Armentrout – page 217
1. My Bookshelf (click to enlarge)
2. My TBR Pile – since my pile happens to contain over 100 books, I’ve decided to photograph and post only my March TBR pile.
3. Where I Will Be Reading This Week – in all honesty, my bed. I generally only have time to read late at night, and I can’t think of a more perfect place to do so.
4. My Blogging Space – my cozy little antique desk that was handed down to me by my grandmother.
5. My Favourite Fantasy Book – this was extremely challenging, but I eventually settled with Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare.
6. A Book On My Bookshelf That Includes: aliens, magic, dragons, mythology or is steampunk – I selected the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, which falls into the steampunk genre. These are the second and third books in the series.
7. My Fantasy Books Sorted by Colour – in all honesty, I have way too many fantasy books to pull off my shelf, arrange pleasantly, and snap a picture of. Setting up for the shot alone would likely take about two hours. Therefore, you can imagine a lovely picture of fantasy books filling this space (or you can just scroll up to the pictures of my bookshelves and examine the fantasy books that are interspersed throughout them – take your pick).
8. My Reading Material for This Week – yes, this is a pathetically small pile, which has the potential to grow in size as the week progresses. I just hate to overestimate the number of books that I’ll be able to read for a particular challenge….
Disclaimer: I may or may not have had to address the clutter that accumulated on my desk and in my room before taking these pictures.
In order to answer these questions, I had to select a literary character that I would like be chained to for the entire week. I chose Day from the Legend Series – something tells me I would get along well with him.
1. Now that Day is chained to you, what do you want to force them to do with you? (Assuming you have their consent.)
I would ask him to teach me how to mimic his stealth and fighting abilities. They could come in handy at some point…
2. What books is Day reading?
The Inheritance Cycle (repeatedly criticizing the characters inability to stay alive and the unlikelihood of dragons) and The Infernal Devices (which he will likely adore – no, I am not influencing him in the slightest)
3. Roleplay a scene where you and Day are fighting over a scene/character in the book you are currently reading.
Day: Clearly aliens don’t exist. Therefore, the entire premise of this book is based on lies.
Olivia: And how exactly do you know that aliens don’t exist?
Day: Have you ever seen an alien?
Olivia: No. Do you have proof that they’re imaginary creatures conjured up by a bored human mind?
Day: No one has ever seen an alien.
Olivia: For argument’s sake, let’s say that they’re imaginary. It doesn’t detract from the storyline in any way.
Day: Yes. Yes it does.
4 You’ve already spent 12 hours chained to Day. How do you feel about them now? Anything irritating you yet?
If possible, I may have fallen a little more head-over-heels for him. I mean, his sarcastic comments may be getting on my nerves, but I’ll live!
5. How do you spend your day with Day during the read-a-thon?
Curled up in front of a fireplace, sipping hot chocolate, reading (obviously), and being surrounded by puppies (because why not?)
6. What would your relationship status with Day be if you got to keep them after the read-a-thon?
I could see a potential relationship in our future 😀
7. Day is at your mercy. What have you always wanted to ask them? What do they answer?
I would love to know more about his past (pre-Legend) and his escape. I doubt I would really get anywhere, but who knows, I may be in for a surprise!
8. If given the chance to, would you like to go back to Day’s world after the read-a-thon?
Yes. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.
Have you read any good fantasy books recently? Leave me a few recommendations in the comments section below!