We’ve decided to introduce a new weekly meme here at Brewing Up Books…Sunday Stumper! Each Sunday, we’ll be posting a literary based challenge, puzzle, game, etc. that can be downloaded on a computer, tablet, or smartphone (or even printed out). The following week, we will post the correct solution to the puzzle, along with a new one. You can complete the puzzle at your leisure throughout the week, and, if you manage to finish it, you can email it to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a chance to be featured! The first person to correctly complete the puzzle and email it to us will have their blog or Goodreads account featured on our sidebar and will also be mentioned in our Sunday Stumper post the following week.
The puzzles will vary from week to week, potentially consisting of crossword puzzles, matching, fill-in-the-blank (with or without a wordbox), word searches, etc. We have determined weekly topics for our Sunday Stumper, which can be viewed here. If you’re interested in posting a Sunday Stumper on your blog, you’re more than welcome to! Please just remember to link back to Brewing Up Books!
If you have any ideas/suggestions/improvements, please leave them in a comment below. We’d love to hear what you think!
For our eleventh Sunday Stumper, we’re focusing on the works of the Bronte sisters (for all of you classics lovers out there). This week’s stumper is an unscramble. To successfully complete the puzzle, fill in the crossword puzzle below. Good luck!
4. constantly degrades Heathcliff, hoping that a pony will “kick his brains out” (Wuthering Heights)
6. Jane’s husband (Jane Eyre)
8. Jane’s legal guardian after her parents’ deaths (Jane Eyre)
10. daughter of Catherine and Edgar (Wuthering Heights)
13. author of Wuthering Heights
14. the one individual who looks after Jane when she is growing up (Jane Eyre)
15. youngest Bronte sister
1. the school Jane attends (Jane Eyre)
2. falls in love with Catherine (Wuthering Heights)
3. Jane’s cousin who constantly torments her (Jane Eyre)
5. serves as a caretaker for the “crazy lady in the attic” (Jane Eyre)
7. author of Jane Eyre
9. the color of the room where Jane is sent for punishment as a child (Jane Eyre)
11. the mentally unstable woman in the attic (Jane Eyre)
12. property owned by Heathcliff (Wuthering Heights)
Last Week’s Winners
Congratulations to Jessica at The Psychotic Nerd for successfully completing last week’s puzzle! Great job! There’s always a chance that you could be a lucky winner for next week! Just make sure to email us your answers (email@example.com).