We’ve decided to introduce a new weekly meme here at Brewing Up Books…Sunday Stumper! Each Sunday, we’ll be posting a literary based challenge, puzzle, game, etc. that can be downloaded on a computer, tablet, or smartphone (or even printed out). The following week, we will post the correct solution to the puzzle, along with a new one. You can complete the puzzle at your leisure throughout the week, and, if you manage to finish it, you can email it to us (email@example.com) for a chance to be featured! The first person to correctly complete the puzzle and email it to us will have their blog or Goodreads account featured on our sidebar and will also be mentioned in our Sunday Stumper post the following week.
The puzzles will vary from week to week, potentially consisting of crossword puzzles, matching, fill-in-the-blank (with or without a wordbox), word searches, etc. We have determined weekly topics for our Sunday Stumper, which can be viewed here. If you’re interested in posting a Sunday Stumper on your blog, you’re more than welcome to! Please just remember to link back to Brewing Up Books!
If you have any ideas/suggestions/improvements, please leave them in a comment below. We’d love to hear what you think!
For our sixteenth Sunday Stumper, we’re focusing on minor characters which are commonly overlooked and underestimated. We’ve created a crossword puzzle to correspond with this week’s stumper. Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor!
2. Juliet’s father (Romeo and Juliet)
3. one of Draco Malfoy’s sidekicks (Harry Potter series)
4. befriends Ruby when she first joins the Children’s League; very naive (The Darkest Minds series)
6. Tally’s former accomplice, aiding her in a variety of tricks before his operation; after his operation, he attempts to dissuade Tally from rule-breaking (Uglies series)
8. Sam’s younger sister (Before I Fall)
9. a member of the Thompson trio who disliked Katy (Obsidian series)
11. Clary’s best friend who falls in love with her, even though she doesn’t reciprocate his feelings (Mortal Instruments series)
1. serves as Thomas’ guide during his first night in the Glade (The Maze Runner series)
2. the head of the Cullen vampire clan (Twilight series)
3. the eldest Lightwood child who ultimately marries Sophie (Infernal Devices series)
4. Hannah’s first crush and first kiss (Thirteen Reasons Why)
5. Mia’s younger brother (If I Stay)
7. literally feasted on the fears of the munchkins (Dorothy Must Die series)
10. Liesel’s adopted mother (The Book Thief)
12. befriends Anna when she begins school in Paris (Anna and the French Kiss)
Last Week’s Winners
We didn’t have any winners from last week, but there’s always a chance that you could be a lucky winner for next week! Just make sure to email us your answers (firstname.lastname@example.org).