We’ve decided to introduce a new weekly meme here at Brewing Up Books…Sunday Stumper! Each Sunday, we’ll be posting a literary based challenge, puzzle, game, etc. that can be downloaded on a computer, tablet, or smartphone (or even printed out). The following week, we will post the correct solution to the puzzle, along with a new one. You can complete the puzzle at your leisure throughout the week, and, if you manage to finish it, you can email it to us (email@example.com) for a chance to be featured! The first person to correctly complete the puzzle and email it to us will have their blog or Goodreads account featured on our sidebar and will also be mentioned in our Sunday Stumper post the following week.
The puzzles will vary from week to week, potentially consisting of crossword puzzles, matching, fill-in-the-blank (with or without a wordbox), word searches, etc. We have determined weekly topics for our Sunday Stumper, which can be viewed here. If you’re interested in posting a Sunday Stumper on your blog, you’re more than welcome to! Please just remember to link back to Brewing Up Books!
If you have any ideas/suggestions/improvements, please leave them in a comment below. We’d love to hear what you think!
For our twentieth Sunday Stumper, we’re focusing on Jane Austen, one of the most notable female, British authors. We’ve created a word unscramble to correspond with this week’s stumper, so simply unscramble all of the book titles below to successfully complete the puzzle. Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor!
5. a captain in Persuasion who returns from the Napoleonic Wars and was previously married to Anne
8. a protagonist who lost her mother and fulfills her previous role of caring for her father; has an older sister who is married
9. the youngest of the Bennet sisters
10. a minister and heir to the Bennet property; affiliated with Lady Catherine de Bourgh
11. the eldest of the Bennet sisters
1. the eldest Dashwood daughter
2. has an affair with Lydia during Pride and Prejudice
3. Emma’s brother-in-law and a wealthy landowner who leases property; lives at Donwell Abbey; criticizes Emma
4. the most studious Bennet sister
6. Elizabeth’s spouse
7. a retired colonel in Sense and Sensibility who falls in love with Marianne
Last Week’s Solutions (click to enlarge)
Last Week’s Winners
Congratulations to Jenna from Jinkies Books for successfully completing last week’s stumper! There’s always a chance that you could be a lucky winner for next week! Just make sure to email us your answers (firstname.lastname@example.org).