The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 17th and runs through Sunday, August 23rd in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 14 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
This is my first time participating in Bout of Books, so I’m very excited to see how many books I can complete within the upcoming week! In order to stay on track, I’ve decided to set a few personal goals for this challenge.
- To devotote a minimum of 3 hours (180 minutes) to reading each day
- To read 300 pages per day (2100 pages total)
- To finish a total of 6 books
- To participate in at least one Twitter discussion
- To visit three participating blogs each day
Day 1 Update
- Second Chance Summer
- The God of Small Things (school summer reading book)
- Crime and Punishment
Minutes Read: 260 minutes (4 hours, 20 minutes)
Number of Pages Read on Day 1: 327
Total Number of Pages Read: 327
How was your first day?