I’m a 22 year old medical student with a love of reading and a high tolerance for caffeinated beverages. When I’m not wrapped up in graduate school, I’m usually engrossed in a fantasy or psychological thriller, interspersed with the occasional historical fiction.
If you would like to hear more of my bookish thoughts in video format, click here to visit my Youtube channel.
- Coffee. As any of my friends can substantiate, I’m absolutely intolerable until I’ve had a healthy 1-2 cups. My mood generally improves from there.
- Walking into a bookstore with one or two books in mind, and walking out with an armful of books that I hadn’t originally intended to purchase. I like to keep it interesting and unpredictable, what can I say?
- I find psychological thrillers fascinating, regardless of their medium.
- I have zero tolerance for fluffy contemporary novels that are laden with stereotypical tropes and are severely lacking a plot. I solely foray into the contemporary genre when I am maniacally wishing to write a rant-laden review.
- Insta-love, love triangles, and similarly overwritten cliches that are incorporated into literary relationships with infuriating frequency and never fail to enrage me.
- Damsels in distress who remain stuck in frustratingly prohibitive nineteenth century ideologies in which women are utterly incapable of accomplishing anything by themselves, let alone saving their own lives.
A Few of my Favorites
- Books: Gone Girl, The Girl on the Train, Stillhouse Lake, The Martian, Water for Elephants, Les Miserables, Shutter Island, My Lovely Wife
- Authors: J.K. Rowling, Stephen King, Andy Weir, Gillian Flynn, Charles Dickens
- Genres: fantasy, thriller, mystery, horror
- TV Shows: Criminal Minds, A Game of Thrones, Westworld
Connect with Me
Genres that I Review
- Adult Fiction
- Historical Fiction
- New Adult
- Young Adult
Products that I Review
- dog products – I have two female Miniature Schnauzers
- fitness items/apparel
- horseback riding gear/apparel
- office supplies (pens, markers, binders, notebooks, etc.)
- technology, computer, and phone accessories
For ARCs, I will post a review within 2-3 weeks of receiving the book. If you would prefer that my review is posted on a particular date, please specify as such in your request.
For a product, I will post my review within 4-5 weeks of receiving it. This may vary based upon the nature of the product, but I will do my best to stay within this range. Again, if you would prefer that my review is posted on a particular date, please specify as such in your request.
Contents of My Reviews
Each of my book reviews will include the following:
- summary (from Goodreads)
- general book information – series, publisher, publication date, genres
- my review
- rating breakdown – characters, plot & premise, writing style, romance, friendships
- overall rating
Each of my product reviews will include the following:
- product description
- my review
- purchase links
Locations Where Reviews are Posted
All of my reviews will appear here on Brewing Up Books and Amazon (if available). All ARC reviews will also be posted on my Goodreads account.
I can post my reviews elsewhere upon request.