I’m a pre-med college student with an impressive lack of free time and a high tolerance for caffeinated beverages. Having grown up in a rural town, I’m mildly addicted to country music, pickup trucks, and horseback riding.
Favorite Genres: I’ve been binging fantasy and historical fiction recently, interspersed with the occasional new adult novel.
Favorite Books: Water for Elephants, Les Miserables, A Tale of Two Cities, The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
Favorite Authors: J.K. Rowling, Cassandra Clare, Lauren Oliver, Charles Dickens
- Coffee. As any of my friends can substantiate, I’m absolutely intolerable until I’ve had a healthy 1-2 cups. My mood generally improves from there.
- Hoarding books, because what good is self restraint?
- Acquiring additional book boyfriends. And yes, they are all mine!
- Independent, kick-ass heroines who don’t need no man and firmly attest that emotions are for the weak.
- I have zero tolerance for fluffy contemporary novels that are laden with stereotypical tropes and are severely lacking a plot. I solely foray into the contemporary genre when I am maniacally wishing to write a rant-laden review.
- Insta-love, love triangles, and similarly overwritten cliches that are incorporated into literary relationships with infuriating frequency and never fail to enrage me.
- Damsels in distress who remain stuck in frustratingly prohibitive nineteenth century ideologies in which women are utterly incapable of accomplishing anything by themselves, let alone saving their own lives.
- Historical Fiction
- New Adult
- Young Adult
- beauty products
- dog products – I have two female Miniature Schnauzers
- fitness items/apparel
- horseback riding gear/apparel
- office supplies (pens, markers, binders, notebooks, etc.)
- technology, computer and phone accessories
For product, I will post my review within 4-5 weeks of receiving it. This may vary based upon the nature of the product, but I will do my best to stay within this range. Again, if you would prefer that my review is posted on a particular date, please specify as such in your request.
- summary (from Goodreads)
- general book information – series, publisher, publication date, genres
- my review
- rating breakdown – characters, plot & premise, writing style, romance, friendships
- overall rating
- product description
- my review
- purchase links
I can post my reviews elsewhere upon request.